This consultation ended 10 January 2023.
The responses to this consultation are currently being reviewed. Details of the outcome will be published here in due course.
We are seeking your views on our proposals for electoral reform to modernise the electoral administration in Wales.
The White Paper includes proposals for:
- promoting engagement in elections
- making standing for election safer and more straight forward
- legislation to modernise the administration of elections
- legislation to improve the conduct of electoral and community reviews for local government
- legislation to consolidate electoral law
- longer-term propositions for electoral reform to support Welsh democracy in the future