Details of the chair and board members for the Renewable Energy Developer for Wales.
- Ed Sherriff (chair), Deputy Director for Energy at Welsh Government and also the Senior Responsible Officer (SRO) for the Renewable Energy Developer Programme.
- Steve Davies, Deputy Director for Infrastructure Strategy and Assurance at the Welsh Government, leading on the Wales Infrastructure Investment Strategy, the Mutual Investment Model, and the Office for Project Delivery.
- Brian McKenzie, Lead Finance Business Partner for the Welsh Government Climate Change and Rural Affairs portfolios.
- Judith Cole, Deputy Director for local government funding policy and sustainability.
- Sarah Jennings, Director of Communications, Customer and Commercial for Natural Resources Wales and lead for onshore wind development on the Welsh Government Woodland Estate along with our Commercial Team.
- Rob Proctor, Director of 2 community energy organisations, YnNi Teg and YnNi Newydd. Rob also worked for Community Energy Wales for 7 years, providing a wealth of knowledge and experience of the sector.
- Dr David Williams, CEO of Private Energy Partners and currently building the UK’s largest solar and storage project at Cleve Hill in Kent.
David has been involved in renewable energy for over 32 years. David’s renewable energy projects equate to 1080MW of renewable energy capacity and involve £2.6Bn of funds invested.
These projects save over 2million tonnes of CO2 per annum and supply the equivalent of 1.5 million homes. He is a former advisor to UK Government and Chaired Welsh Government’s Energy & Environment Sector Panel.
David has three lifetime achievement awards and an Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award for services to renewable energy.