Skip to main content

8. Annex (Granny flat)

A self contained annex, where the person who lives in it is a dependent relative of the owner of the main house, will not be charged a Council Tax bill.

The dependent must be 65 or over, severely mentally impaired or have a substantial and permanent disability.

If you think you may be eligible you should contact your local authority Council Tax department.