How we use your information gathered by GOV.WALES.
Under UK GDPR, you have rights as an individual. Which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you.
Your interaction with this website
We use GovDelivery (supplied by Granicus), to deliver our e-newsletters. Gathering statistics around email opening and interaction. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on Granicus.
You can change your preferences and settings through GovDelivery at any time. Including the deletion of your account.
Consultations and online survey tools
We collect information using SmartSurvey and SurveyMonkey. The data collected via these services is hosted in the United States.
We use social listening software to understand online discussions, for 3 main purposes:
- analyse reaction and discussion to help us improve our policies and initiatives
- identifying and raising awareness of the sources and spread of harmful disinformation and misinformation
- alerting us to reputational and safety issues
Links to other Welsh Government websites and services
If you follow a link to a gov.wales hosted service or website provided by another government department, agency or local authority, that organisation will:
- be responsible for processing any data you share with them
- publish and manage their own privacy notice with details of how to contact them
Changes to this privacy notice
Reviewing this page ensures you are always aware of what information we collect. How we use it and under what circumstances, if any, we will share it with other parties.
This privacy notice was last updated on 19 January 2021.
The Welsh Government’s Data Protection Officer can be contacted at:
Data Protection Officer