The fund will help to support events create a safe and welcoming LGBTQ+ environment.
We are looking to expand the Grassroots Pride Fund to more rural areas and smaller towns. We want to help create opportunities for people to come together and be their true selves throughout Wales.
Who can apply for this Fund?
The fund will help smaller Pride events across Wales engage and support LGBTQ+ people and broader communities.
There should be one lead applicant who will act as project manager who is responsible for the day-to-day management of this award of Funding.
Aims for the Fund
Some of the targets of the Fund are to enable:
- to host an LGBTQ+ Pride event in a location in Wales, which can include opportunities for LGBTQ+ performers and artists
- to undertake outreach with wider communities with a focus on exploring safer spaces and supporting new social events
- to contribute towards our programme for Government commitment for Wales to be the most LGBTQ+ friendly place in Europe
Submit an expression of interest
To submit an expression of interest for this scheme, please email LGBTQ+ActionPlan@gov.wales.
The LGBTQ+ Policy Team will share guidelines, including criteria, on how to submit an expression of interest.
LGBTQ+ communities and leadership
As part of this fund, we want to bring the voices of grassroots LGBTQ+ communities at the front and centre of event design and development. We encourage organisations to engage with LGBTQ+ communities during the development of the event. This is to help have LGBTQ+ communities’ input into the events committee and/or leadership roles.
Examples of Pride events supported by this scheme
- Barry Pride.
- Cowbridge Pride.
- Glitter Pride by Glitter Cymru.
- North Wales Pride (Bangor).
- Pride in the Port (Newport).
- Swansea Pride.