This plan focuses on what can be done to support increasing recruitment onto Initial Teacher Education (ITE) programmes.
ITE Partnerships are working to ensure that applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds receive appropriate support prior to applying. Support will be given during the application process to ensure that any issues of discrimination are dealt with appropriately.
All ITE Partnerships have developed and published recruitment plans to support this work that is aimed to specifically increase the numbers of ethnic minority applicants to ITE courses including Welsh medium:
- CaBan (Bangor University, and the University of Chester)
- Yr Athrofa: Professional Learning Partnership (APLP) (University of Wales Trinity St David, Carmarthen and Swansea)
- Cardiff Partnership
- Aberystwyth ITE Partnership
- Swansea University Schools' Partnership
- University of South Wales ITE Partnership
- The Open University