The purpose of this grant is to support local authorities in Wales to deliver local air quality improvements in 2023-2024.
Application form , file type: DOCX, file size: 31 KB
A budget of £1m (£750k revenue, £250k capital) is available.
How to apply
Completed application forms should be returned to AirQualityPolicy@gov.wales.
Projects that meet or one or more of the following criteria will be considered:
- Prevention – action that seeks to improve air quality and prevent worsening of concentrations and/or an exceedance of air quality objectives.
- Mitigation – action that seeks to improve air quality in an Air Quality Management Area (AQMA).
- Innovation – action using innovative methods or technologies to improve air quality and/or reduce exposure.
Projects must be delivered within the 23-24 financial year.
Due to the broad nature of the criteria, the grant panel evaluates bids qualitatively. Applications should therefore be clear and provide sufficient detail. The grant panel will assess applications based on:
- The extent to which the project(s) meets one of more of the criteria above; and
- The extent to which questions in the application form (such as regarding concept, procurement (where appropriate), deliverability and value for money) are answered.
Further guidance is available in the application form.