In this page
This addendum refers to the Welsh Government Nutrient Management Investment Scheme Guidance Booklet published 1 July 2022. All changes and additions are made to Section F - Payment of the original booklet.
This is now superseded by the following:
Section F - Payments
The Nutrient Management Investment scheme is only available to claim using the Grants Claim page on your RPW Online account. Payments will be made following the successful validation of your claim. Claims will only be paid when the Welsh Government is satisfied the relevant expenditure has taken place and that the work has been completed in accordance with the contract. Payment will be made by electronic transfer to your bank account.
You can submit more than one claim, but each claim must be for an item. E.g. if you have been awarded a contract to purchase two items; Under-floor transfer / flow channels and a Tank for storage of lightly fouled water, you could submit separate claims for each item, but you cannot submit a claim for part of the costs of one item.
To receive a Nutrient Management Investment payment, you must:
- Have accepted a Nutrient Management Investment scheme contract within 30 calendar days of the offer date and adhere to all the requirements.
- Ensure that you have only purchased items listed in your contract after you have been offered a contract.
- Ensure that you have purchased all of the items listed in your contract.
- Ensure all items are purchased in accordance the Welsh Government Competitive Tendering and Procurement requirements.
- Ensure all items purchased are on the premises at the time you submit your claim.
- Submit evidence of planning permission and SuDS approval if required.
- Submit the claim using the Grant Claim page on your RPW Online account after your contract is issued, by the claim deadline 31st March 2025, with all supporting documentation.
We will issue a maximum of 2 reminders for any outstanding claims via your RPW Online account prior to the claim submission deadline.
A claim is not considered valid unless it has been submitted via the RPW Online Grants Claim page with all supporting documentation.
You can submit your claim at any time once the investment has been completed.
Requests for extensions to the claim deadline can only be accepted in exceptional circumstances and must be explained and received in writing via your RPW Online account before the claim deadline.
No extensions will be granted beyond 31 March 2025.
Supporting Documentation at Claim
You must submit the following with your claim:
- Evidence of defrayment of expenditure for all claimed items.
- Invoices for all claimed items.
- A geo-tagged photograph of the item / items on your premises.
Where evidence cannot be provided, the claim will be rejected.
Invoices must clearly display the word ‘invoice’ on the document and include the following:
- a unique identification number
- your company name, address, and contact information
- the invoicing company name and address
- a clear description of what you are being charged for
- the date the goods or service were provided (supply date)
- the date of the invoice
- the amount(s) being charged
- VAT amount if applicable
- the total amount owed
Defrayment should be evidenced by bank statements. If the value of the transaction does not match the invoice value (for instance if you have bought non project items from the same supplier) a breakdown of the whole payment with supporting invoices will be required.
If making payments by cheque, then a scan or photograph of the written cheque, before it is presented to the supplier, will be required in addition to the bank statement.
A geo-tagged photograph includes location information within the photograph data. Most mobile phones with an internet connection and a camera will record GPS coordinates automatically. They also record the date and time the photograph was taken.
Detailed guidance on the geo-tagged photographs required and how to submit geo-tagged photographs specific to Nutrient Management Investment scheme will be available on the Welsh Government website at the claim stage.
You can submit the invoices and evidence of defrayment by scanning them and sending them via “My Messages” in your RPW Online account.