Planning and Environment Decisions Wales publishing policy
What Planning and Environment Decisions Wales publishes in relation to planning applications and appeals.
In this page
- Planning and Environment Decisions Wales (PEDW) exists to deliver an outstanding national planning and appeals service which enjoys the confidence and respect of Ministers, the public and all stakeholders. We aim to deliver this service in keeping with our values of fairness, openness, impartiality and timeliness. These values run through the core of everything we do, as does a commitment to our customers.
- In handling our duties, Planning and Environment Decisions Wales will publish documents received to the Planning Casework Service portal (PCS).
- This policy sets out how casework will be published and how we will ensure that in doing so we meet our obligations as data processors under the Data Protection Act 1998, and as of May 2018, under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). It explains;
- the process,
- the rationale behind this process, and
- what our customers should expect to see.
- In publishing documents on PCS, we will have regard to peoples’ expectations as to how their personal data will be used. We do this by following PARSOL guidance which helps PEDW to publish information in a consistent manner and in a way that is compliant with relevant data protection laws. As a matter of course we will securely redact;
- Personal phone numbers (landline or mobile),
- Personal e-mail addresses,
- Pictures of minors.
- All staff have been trained in how to consider the appropriateness of publishing a document. If we are in any doubt we will not publish the information and a notice will be uploaded in its place. This notice will explain;
- why the information is not published
- that it is held for consideration when determining the appeal
- a copy may be viewable upon request within our office.
- It is important to note that a document does not have to be published to PCS for it to be publically available. Documents are available to view upon request (by pre-arranged appointment), at PEDW’s offices, as well as with the local/relevant authority.
- Data subjects and customers should expect a document viewed on PCS to contain only that information which is pertinent to the appeal. If any potential contravention of this policy occurs we will take immediate action to remove the information.