Skip to main content

When and how to contact the Deputy Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism.

The deputy minister can only deal with letters and emails based on their responsibilities.

If you wish to raise issues from multiple portfolios, please only write to one minister. You will receive a single response from the Welsh Government covering all of your concerns.

You will not receive additional or faster responses by contacting more than one minister. Your correspondence will be combined and answered once.

We will respond via email wherever possible (even if you have written to us in hard copy). You may wish to send us your correspondence by email only.

Please also check your junk mail or spam filters for replies – you may wish to add the domain to your safe domain lists to ensure that you receive our email responses.

We aim to reply within 17 working days. However due to the increased volume of correspondence currently being received, we may take longer.

We are unable to answer correspondence on non-devolved matters. These remain the responsibility of the UK government. Find contact details for the relevant departments.

Get help online

It may be faster to get help online.

Economic impact of coronavirus

For the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) information, as it relates to the economy or to support for businesses, please read the information we have online before writing.

Other organisations

You may receive a faster response by contacting organisations directly:


​​​​​The Cadw website contains information on all areas of our work on the historic environment in Wales. Before you write to the deputy minister, please check the website to see whether your query is answered there. Some of the topics covered include:

Correspondence on some matters ishould be directed straight to Cadw. This includes:

  • recommending a property for listing or scheduling
  • finding out about grants and funding
  • operational matters to do with Cadw’s properties.

Creative Wales

Find out more about Creative Wales, on


Find out more about the support and advice available to museums.

Funding and advice for museums and heritage organisations at Catalyst Cymru: Broadening Horizons - WCVA or Heritage Funding Directory.

Sponsored bodies

If you wish to complain about services at any of the Welsh Government sponsored bodies within the deputy minister’s portfolio, contact the organisation directly.


You can write to the minister at the address below. Do not send hard copies of emails.

Letters received through the post will be answered, but may take longer for us to respond to. We will answer by email where possible, so you may wish to email us instead.

Deputy Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism
Welsh Government
5th Floor
Tŷ Hywel
Cardiff Bay
CF99 1NA