The A470 junction will connect the A470 to the A465.
What we’re doing
- building a temporary road
- moving utilities
- building new viaducts at Nant Ffrwd and Taf Fawr
- building a bridge
- junction improvements
We will build a new junction to replace the existing one at the A470/A465 roundabout.
The junction will have two roundabouts on the A470 with roads to the A465.
We are going to build a bridge to carry the A465 over the connector road between the 2 roundabouts.
We will build new viaducts to bridge the Nant Ffrwd and Taf Fawr watercourses.
We will move utilities, including overhead high voltage cables, to build the new road.
- cleared vegetation ready for work to start
- moved the overhead high voltage cables
- built access tracks to the bridges
- completed new farm/property access private road to replace an existing section of private road
- built a new temporary A470 road to the north of the roundabout
- completed the main structure for the new bridge to carry the A465 over the A470
- built piers for the new viaduct to carry the A465 carriageway over Taf Fawr
- started building the carriageway deck for the new sliproad that will go over Taf Fawr. This will allow traffic to come off the A470 and join the A465 eastbound.
- build new bridges to carry the eastbound slip road from the A465 and A465 main carriageway over Nant Ffrwd
- continue construction of the new viaduct to carry the A465 carriageway over Taf Fawr.