Data looking at pupil achievements at the Foundation Phase, Key Stage 2 and Key Stage 3, by entitlement to free school meals for 2018.
This is not the latest release in the series: Achievement and entitlement to free school meals
- The performance of pupils eligible for free school meals at Key Stage 2 and Key Stage 3 has generally improved in each year over the last 10 years for all indicators.
- However, their performance is lower than their non eligible counterparts at all key stages and indicators.
- The gap in performance has generally narrowed over the last 10 years at both Key Stage 2 and Key Stage 3.
- In 2018 the gap in performance for the Foundation Phase indicator was 18.2 percentage points.
- In 2018 the gap in performance for the Core Subject Indicator was 14.2 percentage points at Key Stage 2 and 19.5 percentage points at Key Stage 3.
- There is a strong link between achievement and the level of entitlement to free school meals in schools: as the level of free school meals entitlement increases, the level of achievement decreases.
Datasets and interactive tools
Achievement and entitlement to free school meals, 2018: tables , file type: XLS, file size: 144 KB
If you need a more accessible version of this document please email email@example.com. Please tell us the format you need. If you use assistive technology please tell us what this is.
Telephone: 0300 025 5060
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.