This report provides information about the health-related lifestyles and behaviours of adults living in Wales for April 2016 to March 2017.
- 19% of adults reported that they currently smoked.
- 20% of adults reported that they drank more than the weekly guidelines (that is, average weekly alcohol consumption above 14 units).
- 24% of adults reported that they ate at least 5 portions of fruit or vegetable the previous day.
- 54% of adults reported that they had been active for at least 150 minutes in the previous week.
- 59% of adults were overweight or obese, including 23% obese.
- 10% of adults reported fewer that 2 of the 5 healthy behaviours.
Adult lifestyle (National Survey for Wales), April 2016 to March 2017 , file type: PDF, file size: 1 MB
Datasets and interactive tools
Adult lifestyle (National Survey for Wales), April 2016 to March 2017: tables , file type: XLSX, file size: 323 KB
Telephone: 0300 025 5033
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.