This report provides information about the health-related lifestyles and behaviours of adults living in Wales for April 2019 to March 2020.
This is not the latest release in the series: Adult lifestyle (National Survey for Wales)
- 18% of adults reported that they currently smoked.
- 19% of adults reported that they drank more than the weekly guidelines (that is, average weekly alcohol consumption above 14 units).
- 25% of adults reported that they ate at least 5 portions of fruit or vegetables the previous day.
- 53% of adults reported that they had been active for at least 150 minutes in the previous week.
- 61% of adults were overweight or obese, including 25% obese.
- 10% of adults reported following fewer than 2 of the 5 healthy behaviours.
- There was no significant change in these lifestyle behaviours between 2016-17 and 2019-20.
Adult lifestyle (National Survey for Wales), April 2019 to March 2020 , file type: PDF, file size: 1 MB
If you need a more accessible version of this document please email email@example.com. Please tell us the format you need. If you use assistive technology please tell us what this is.
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 5033
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.