This report provides information about the health-related lifestyles and behaviours of adults living in Wales for April 2022 to March 2023.
Results should not be compared with years prior to 2020-21 (when telephone interviews replaced face-to-face interviews).
- 13% of adults reported that they currently smoked
- 17% of adults reported that they drank more than the weekly guidelines (that is, average weekly alcohol consumption above 14 units)
- 29% of adults reported that they ate at least 5 portions of fruit or vegetables the previous day
- 55% of adults reported that they had been active for at least 150 minutes in the previous week
- 37% of adults reported a healthy weight
- 92% of adults reported following 2 or more of the 5 healthy behaviours.
Adults in the most deprived areas were less likely to report healthy lifestyle behaviours than those in the least deprived areas, this was the case for all behaviours except drinking above guidelines.
There was no significant change in most lifestyle behaviours between 2021-22 and 2022-23, however there was an increase in use of e-cigarettes.
Datasets and interactive tools
Rydym yn croesawu gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.