Statistics on adults smoking, stopping smoking, e-cigarette use, and exposure to tobacco smoke for April 2018 to March 2019.
This is the latest release
- 17% of adults reported that they currently smoked; there has been a general downward trend in recent years.
- Adults in the 3 most deprived quintiles were more likely to smoke than those in the 2 least deprived quintiles, however the gap between them was smaller than in 2016-17.
- 45% of smokers had tried to give up in the past year, the most common method used to try and stop smoking was e-cigarettes (49%).
- 6% of adults reported currently using e-cigarettes, the most common reason for using e-cigarettes was to help stop smoking tobacco (76% of current users).
- 29% of non-smoking adults reported being exposed to tobacco smoke indoors or outdoors.
Adult smoking and e-cigarette use (National Survey for Wales): April 2018 to March 2019 , file type: PDF, file size: 721 KB
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 5033
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.