Information for Cardiff Wales Airport including aircraft movements, passengers and freight handled and international air passenger traffic for 2018.
- The number of passengers using Cardiff International airport increased by 7.7% in 2018, to 1.6 million. This includes both arrivals and departures.
- During 2018 there were 95 international destinations that operated out of Cardiff International airport, 11 more than in 2017.
- Amsterdam was the most popular international destination in 2018 and Edinburgh the most popular domestic destination
- There were around 31,000 flights (inbound and outbound combined) at Cardiff International airport in 2018, a 7.4% increase on the 2017 figures
- After a period of exceptionally low freight movements, around 1,500 tonnes of freight were moved through Cardiff airport in 2018, compared to just 4 tonnes in the previous year. The increase was driven by a new route to Qatar from May 2018 which transports significant volumes of freight as well as passengers.
Air transport, 2018 , file type: PDF, file size: 1014 KB
If you need a more accessible version of this document please email email@example.com. Please tell us the format you need. If you use assistive technology please tell us what this is.
Datasets and interactive tools
Civil Aviation Authority website
Telephone: 0300 025 6415
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.