Information for Cardiff Wales Airport including aircraft movements, passengers and freight handled and international air passenger traffic for 2019.
- The number of passengers using Cardiff International airport increased by 4.3% in 2019, to 1.63 million. This includes both arrivals and departures.
- During 2019 there were 76 international destinations that operated out of Cardiff International airport, 19 less than in 2018.
- Amsterdam was the most popular international destination in 2019 and Edinburgh the most popular domestic destination.
- There were around 32,000 flights (inbound and outbound combined) at Cardiff International airport in 2019, a 2.6% increase on the 2018 figures.
- After a period of exceptionally low freight movements, around 1,800 tonnes of freight were moved through Cardiff airport in 2019, an increase of 23.6% compared to the previous year.
- Only 13.0% of passengers had travelled to Cardiff Airport using public transport in 2019.
Air transport, 2019 , file type: PDF, file size: 1 MB
If you need a more accessible version of this document please email email@example.com. Please tell us the format you need. If you use assistive technology please tell us what this is.
Datasets and interactive tools
Civil Aviation Authority website
Telephone: 0300 061 6029
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.