This consultation ended 10 February 2021.
Details of outcome
Summary of responses , file type: PDF, file size: 305 KB
We are asking for your views on how to deal with alleged misconduct of senior officers working in local authorities.
We are consulting on possible changes to:
- the meaning of misconduct in the arrangements
- the sanctions used when the Designated Independent Person has made a recommendation
- choosing the Designated Independent Person and the cost of the appointment
- the role of the Investigating Committee
- the relationship between the Designated independent person and the Investigating Committee
- the Designated Independent Person’s power of direction and sanction
- interaction with external investigations
- interaction with contractual terms and policies
- Legal representation