Data on emergency calls and response times for April 2017 to March 2018.
This is not the latest release in the series: Ambulance services
From June 2018 we are publishing Ambulance Quality Indicators on behalf of the Emergency Ambulance Services Committee. The data, monthly from April 2016, is available on StatsWales.
- 479,444 emergency ambulance calls were made during 2017-18, 4.4% up on the previous year, and 126% more than in 1991-92.
- 22,878 were red calls (immediately life-threatening), 4.8% of the total.
- 74.6% of red calls received a response within 8 minutes, down from 76.3% in 2016-17.
- Performance ranged from 68.2% in Hywel Dda to 81.7% in Cardiff & Vale.
- The median response time for red calls was 4 minutes and 58 seconds, three seconds slower than in 2016-17.
- The median response time for amber calls was 19 minutes and 3 seconds, almost five and a half minutes slower than the previous year.
Ambulance services, April 2017 to March 2018 , file type: PDF, file size: 2 MB
If you need a more accessible version of this document please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us the format you need. If you use assistive technology please tell us what this is.
Datasets and interactive tools
NHS Wales website
Telephone: 0300 025 1646
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.