About the awards
The Apprenticeship Awards Cymru recognises the achievement of individuals, employers and work-based learning practitioners across 7 different categories.
The Apprenticeship Awards Cymru will recognise the achievement of individuals, employers and learning practitioners across 9 different categories.
Apprenticeships – Learner
- Foundation Apprentice of the Year
- Apprentice of the Year
- Higher Apprentice of the Year
- Tomorrow's Talent
Apprenticeships – Employer
- Small and Medium Employer of the Year (1-249 employees)
- Large and Macro Employer of the Year (250-5000+ employees)
Work-based Learning Practitioner
- Work-based Learning Practitioner of the Year
In addition to the awards categories above, the Judges reserve the right to award a Judges’ Special Recognition Award with the aim of recognising excellence in any area of Employability and Apprenticeship Programme delivery which is not directly covered by the Awards Criteria.
28 March 2022 – Awards applications open
20 May 2022 - closing date
26 September 2022 - Finalists announced
10 November 2022 - Awards Ceremony
Application terms and conditions
- All application forms must be submitted by 12.00 noon British Summer Time (BST) on 20 May 2022. Note: The application forms will automatically be taken off line at the above mentioned time and any links that you have previously been sent will also become inactive.
- You only have the option of submitting one application form per applicant; any subsequent applications submitted for the aforesaid applicant will not be accepted.
- Finalists will need to ensure they are available for publicity purposes where appropriate and able to do so safely (photographs, filming and development of case studies) throughout July, August and September 2022.
- Finalists will need to ensure they are able to take part in the Awards in November, in the case of unforeseen circumstances a representative can be involved in place of the finalist.
- The judges’ decision is ﬁnal and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.