20 January 2022
Request for Information – ATISN 15958
I wrote to you on 14 January 2022 regarding your request for information.
Regarding our published ‘Decision Reports: 2021 - 6th Government' you have asked:
1. What is the purpose of the loan? (e.g. do they have to spend it on something specific?)
2. How much is the loan for?
3. When was the loan given and when does it expire?
I can confirm we hold the information relating to your request and in answer to your questions:
- Question 1 - the loan was provided to TVR Automotive Limited to establish a new prototype car and a new production facility in Wales
- Question 2 – the Welsh Government loan is for £2m
- Question 3 – the loan was given in March 2016 and now expires in September 2022
If you are dissatisfied with the Welsh Government’s handling of your request, you can ask for an internal review within 40 working days of the date of this response. Requests for an internal review should be addressed to the Welsh Government’s Freedom of Information Officer at:
Information Rights Unit, Welsh Government, Cathays Park, Cardiff, CF10 3NQ
or Email: Freedom.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember to quote the ATISN reference number above.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. However, please note that the Commissioner will not normally investigate a complaint until it has been through our own internal review process.