3 March 2022
Request for Information – ATISN 16082
I wrote to you on 17 February regarding your request for information relating to the Welsh Government Tech Valleys programme.
- The total programme spend to date with a breakdown of spend in each financial year
- What is the Tech Valleys budget allocation to Ebbw-Vale for the next 3 years
- How much of the Tech Valleys budget for Ebbw-Vale has been committed to projects during the next 3 years
- Does the £100m total budget commitment to the Tech Valleys programme in Ebbw-Vale still stand
You confirmed on 18 February that you were interested in information related to Tech Valley investment into Ebbw-Vale.
I can confirm we hold some of the information relating to your request –
- 2017/18: programme in development
2018/19: programme in development
- There is no specific budget allocation to Ebbw Vale for the next three years. The Tech Valleys is a Programme for Government commitment to bring benefits to the south Wales valleys by capitalising on the opportunities of the fourth industrial revolution. The programme is a portfolio of projects designed to grow organically over time. Proposals for support are considered on a case by case basis against the programme objectives and vision rather than by location.
- Over the next three years the Tech Valleys programme includes budget allocation to projects in Ebbw Vale of broadly £12.5 million.
- The Tech Valleys programme is not a budget commitment to spend £100 million in Ebbw Vale.(please refer to question 2)
If you are dissatisfied with the Welsh Government’s handling of your request, you can ask for an internal review within 40 working days of the date of this response. Requests for an internal review should be addressed to the Welsh Government’s Freedom of Information Officer at:
Information Rights Unit, Welsh Government, Cathays Park, Cardiff, CF10 3NQ
or Email: Freedom.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember to quote the ATISN reference number above.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. However, please note that the Commissioner will not normally investigate a complaint until it has been through our own internal review process.