Skip to main content

Information of funding allocated for 20 mph speed project.

Read details on this page

First published:
9 March 2022
Last updated:


7 March 2022


Request for Information – ATISN 16105

Thank you for your request for information dated 21 February.

Information requested

The amount allocated to Rhondda Cynon Taf, County Borough Council (RCTCBC), for 20 mph speed projects during the financial year, 2020/2021.

Our response

No money was allocated to RCTCBC specifically for 20 mph speed projects during the financial year, 2020/2021.

However the following schemes included 20mph elements but were not the main focus of the scheme.

Rhondda Cynon Taf - £419,000

Cilfynydd Safe Routes in Communities.  £204,500 (a further £80,0000 was awarded in year)

This scheme includes a new pedestrian crossing on the A4054 (Cilfynydd Road) within the vicinity of the footbridge that provides access to Pontypridd High School and a 20mph speed limit within the vicinity.  A section of the walking route along the A4054 (Pontshonnorton Road) will also be improved through the creation of a new section of footway, which will remove a dangerous pinch point.

Llantrisant Safe Routes in the Communities.  £215,000

The scheme will improve the route along the B4595 (Newbridge Road) through the creation of a new section of footway.  A 20mph speed limit will also be introduced along the B4595 (High Street) from its junction with B4595 (Talbot Road) to the start of the section known locally as Brynteg Lane on the B4595 (Newbridge Road).

The list of schemes (although not the detail) can be found here:

Next steps

If you are dissatisfied with the Welsh Government’s handling of your request, you can ask for an internal review within 40 working days of the date of this response.  Requests for an internal review should be addressed to the Welsh Government’s Freedom of Information Officer at:

Information Rights Unit, Welsh Government, Cathays Park, Cardiff, CF10 3NQ

or Email:  Please remember to quote the ATISN reference number above.   

You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner.  The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:  Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.  However, please note that the Commissioner will not normally investigate a complaint until it has been through our own internal review process.

Yours sincerely