Information on employees who are responsible for diversity issues relating to the organisation.
22 March 2022
Thank you for your request which I received on 23 February 2022. You asked for:
- The current number of employees who are responsible solely or predominantly for diversity issues in your organisations (e.g. Diversity Officers, Inclusions Officers, etc, or those whose roles are mainly deal with similar responsibilities).
- The total sum spent on the salaries of such roles.
- The average salary and salary range of such roles.
On 8 March I wrote to notify you that I was interpreting your request as seeking information on employees who are responsible for diversity issues relating to the organisation, and not employees responsible for outward facing diversity issues. As I have received no response, I have proceeded on the basis of my interpretation outlined above.
There are four staff in roles which have responsibility solely or predominantly for diversity issues in the Welsh Government. These staff are supported by colleagues across the organisation in HR Business Partner Teams, Recruitment and other Business Support Teams, in addressing issues related to diversity. The total sum spent on salaries for these staff during 2021-2022 is £151,436.62.
The grades, salary ranges and average salaries for the pay bands of the four staff are as follows:
- 1 x Team Support: Salary range - £21,300-£24,630; Average salary - £22,963
- 1 x (Part-time) Executive Officer: Salary range - £25,860-£29,430; Average salary - £27,370 (Full-time)
- 1 x Senior Executive Officer: Salary range - £40,100-£47,470; Average salary - £43,437
- 1 x Grade 7: Salary range - £51,380-£61,440; Average salary - £56,072
If you are dissatisfied with the Welsh Government’s handling of your request, you can ask for an internal review within 40 working days of the date of this response. Requests for an internal review should be addressed to the Welsh Government’s Freedom of Information Officer at:
Information Rights Unit
or e-mail: Freedom.email@example.com
Please remember to quote the ATISN reference number above.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
However, please note that the Commissioner will not normally investigate a complaint until it has been through our own internal review process.