26 April 2022
Request for Information – ATISN 16197
I wrote to you on 28 March regarding your request for information.
- How many companies were given the option to resurface A483 in Oct 2021.
- What was cost quoted of winning company.
- What was timescale agreed.
- Where any penalties installed for over running? If not why not?
- How much was final cost for the resurface.
- Who paid for the inspection to A483.
- Have tenders been submitted for the New Attempt in Spring 2022.
- What date is the planned " 2nd attempt " to resurface the A483.
- Who is paying for this.
- Have the company that so dramatically failed on the basics been banned from any future procurements? if not why not ?
- Is there any offer of rebate from company for over running and for causing so much loss to Wrexham.
- Any company could apply via Lot 9, Special Projects on NMWTRA’s Surfacing and Ancillary Works Framework Contract.
- The original tender programme showed construction starting on 04/10/2021 until 07/11/2021, however due to unforeseen circumstances the contract dates were amended. Actual start date was 11/10/2021, the completion date was extended to 04/12/2021.
- The programme was extended due to Client instruction of unforeseen additional works.
- The Contract is ongoing, therefore the final cost is yet to be determined.
- The Quality Control inspection and testing is part of the original contract which the contractor would have included in the original costings. The inspection identified the defects. There is no additional costs to Welsh Government/NMWTRA for inspections.
- Re-tendering is not required. The contractor is obligated to correct defects in accordance with the original contract.
- The date is currently under discussion to correct defects in accordance with the original contract.
- The contractor is contractually liable for all costs to correct defects.
- The contractor has accepted defects in principle and complying with the conditions of the original contract. Discussions are ongoing to arrange a date for the contractor to correct these defects.
- The Contractor completed the works in accordance with the programme, this included undertaking additional unforeseen works which extended the programme duration.
If you are dissatisfied with the Welsh Government’s handling of your request, you can ask for an internal review within 40 working days of the date of this response. Requests for an internal review should be addressed to the Welsh Government’s Freedom of Information Officer at:
Information Rights Unit, Welsh Government, Cathays Park, Cardiff, CF10 3NQ
or Email: Freedom.email@example.com. Please remember to quote the ATISN reference number above.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. However, please note that the Commissioner will not normally investigate a complaint until it has been through our own internal review process.