7 June 2022
ATISN 16371 – Blood Cancer
Thank you for your request to the Welsh Government for information under the Freedom of Information Act (2000) received on 31 May 2022 relating to blood cancer diagnosis. You requested the following:
- The number of people living with and beyond a blood cancer diagnosis on 31 December 2019, who were diagnosed since 01 January 2000, as provided by NHS England / NCRAS. To clarify, you wish to be provided with the observed 20-year prevalence of blood cancer in Wales from 2000-2019
Welsh Government does not hold the information you are seeking and does not have access to the NCRAS/CATRIN. You may wish to contact the Wales Cancer Intelligence and Surveillance Unit at Public Health Wales to find out when this information will be available. You can contact them using the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to:
Freedom of Information Office
Public Health Wales
2 Capital Quarter
The request you sent me contains personal information about you - for example, your name and address. The Welsh Government will be the data processor for this information and, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, it will be processed in order to fulfil our public task and meet our legal obligations under the Act to provide you with a response.
We will only use this personal information to deal with your request and any matters which arise as a result of it. We will keep your personal information and all other information relating to your request for three years from the date on which your request is finally closed. Your personal information will then be disposed of securely.
Under data protection legislation, you have the right:
- to be informed of the personal data we hold about you and to access it
- to require us to rectify inaccuracies in that data
- to (in certain circumstances) object to or restrict processing
- for (in certain circumstances) your data to be ‘erased’
- to (in certain circumstances) data portability
- to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) who is our independent regulator for data protection
For further information about the information which the Welsh Government holds and its use, or if you wish to exercise your rights under the GDPR, please see contact details below:
Data Protection Officer
If you are dissatisfied with the Welsh Government’s handling of your request, you can ask for an internal review within 40 working days of the date of this response. Requests for an internal review should be addressed to the Welsh Government’s Freedom of Information Officer at:
Information Rights Unit,
or Email: Freedom.email@example.com
Please remember to quote the ATISN reference number above.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner’s Office,
However, please note that the Commissioner will not normally investigate a complaint until it has been through our own internal review process.