Skip to main content

5. Convert a house (or single flat) to a number of flats, bed-sits or other subdivision

  • Conversions of properties require approval under the Building Regulations.
  • You may need to consult the Fire Service regarding issues relating to fire escapes.
  • The Housing Act 2004 requires that sub-divided buildings meet standards and houses in multiple occupation are licensed. Read more about the Housing Act 2004.