Skip to main content

Business rates (non-domestic rates) are charged on most non-domestic properties, including:

  • shops
  • offices
  • pubs
  • warehouses
  • factories
  • holiday rental homes or guest houses
  • car parks.

You’ll probably have to pay business rates if you use a building or part of a building for non-domestic purposes. Your local council will send you a business rates bill in February or March each year.