Skip to main content

We provide expert child-focused advice and support, safeguard children and make sure their voices are heard in family courts across Wales so that decisions are made in their best interests.

We may only become involved in a family law case when required by the court.

We are not a legal service and cannot provide legal advice.

When directed to do so by the court we will work with solicitors and instruct them to act on behalf of children.

If a local authority has concerns about a child it can apply to the court for a court order allowing them to protect the child/ren in a planned way or on an emergency basis. This is called a care case or a public law case.

If separating parents decide they cannot agree on the best arrangements for their child/ren either informally or through mediation and we are appointed by the court to advise, this is called a Child Arrangements case or a private law case.