We purchased and continue to support Cardiff Airport to benefit Wales, tourism and economic development.
Our key priorities for the airport are to:
- support Cardiff Airport to recover from the impact of COVID-19 on the business and wider industry
- work with the UK Government and the Jet Zero initiative, as well as with Cardiff Airport, to reduce the environmental impacts of aviation
- develop Cardiff Airport to enable Welsh-based passengers to fly from closer to home
- operate to a high standard providing the best experience for passengers and airlines
- create an environment to encourage growth of airlines and commercial partners
- maximise the opportunity for the benefit of Wales’ economy and businesses
- achieve financial stability and operation of the airport
- continue to explore opportunities to better connect Cardiff and Wales with the rest of the UK and Europe
- support the St Athan-Cardiff Enterprise Zone
Potential investors in Wales want to see a thriving international airport for Wales. This will help us attract more business, inward investment and tourism.
For information about services and to give feedback contact Cardiff Airport.
Details about our investment in Cardiff Airport
- Evidence Paper in advance of the Public Accounts and Public Administration Committee Scrutiny Session: October 2021 (pdf, on senedd.wales)
- Letter from Welsh Government to Chair of the Public Accounts and Public Administration Committee on Cardiff Airport: June 2022 (pdf, on senedd.wales)
- Letter from Welsh Government to Chair of the Public Accounts and Public Administration Committee on Cardiff Airport: September 2022 (pdf, on senedd.wales)