Children (Abolition of Defence of Reasonable Punishment) (Wales) Act 2020 Expert Stakeholder Group meeting: 27 November 2020
Minutes from the virtual meeting held 27 November 2020.
In this page
Agenda and issues discussed
1. Out of Court Disposals Briefing
2. Update on the Act:
- Implementation programme
- Communications and feedback on the TV adverts
3. Update on Act activity from Stakeholders
4. Next steps and close
Actions and decisions
- Welsh Government (WG) to distribute the link to the Explanatory Memorandum – Information on out of court disposals can be found on page 75-76
- Group members to notify Welsh Government if they want to be involved in the Operations, Guidance and Training task and finish group.
- WG to share the Royal Foundation Early Years Report – Executive Summary/Full report
- WG to distribute the high level implementation workplan
- NSPCC to share the insight briefing on physical abuse
- NSPCC to share the Children & Young People Now article
- WG to share the Talk With Me speech and language delivery plan
- Group members to share any contacts for introductory presentations in mid/west/north Wales
- WG to share the Nursery World article
- WG parenting policy lead to contact Save the Children to discuss feedback on practitioners’ requirements regarding Parenting. Give it Time
- The Group were content with the creative concepts for the two television adverts.