Data on the number and value of claims made, up to 31 October 2020.
This is not the latest release in the series: Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme and Self-Employment Income Support Scheme statistics
HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) have published the number of claims made to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) and the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) up to 31 October 2020.
Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
This update provides a snapshot of those that were furloughed as at 30 September 2020.
- As at 30 September 2020, 95,700 employments in Wales were furloughed under the CJRS, a take up rate of 7%, broadly similar to the take up rate across the UK.
- The number of furloughed employments continues to decrease with a 32.2% (45,500) decrease between 31 August and 30 September.
- 49,000 females and 46,700 males in Wales were furloughed under the CJRS as at 30 September, accounting for 51% and 49% of all furloughed employments, respectively.
Previously furloughed employments remaining on payroll (data published on 22 October 2020).
- In Wales, 90% of employees that left the CJRS furlough scheme between April and July were still on their original payroll in August, suggesting they remained working for their original employer.
CJRS data includes those furloughed as at 30 September and for whom claims were submitted to HMRC by 31 October 2020. Figures for September are preliminary and are likely to be revised in future releases.
Self-Employment Income Support Scheme
These statistics set out information on the second grant of the Self Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) which opened for claims on the 17 August 2020.
- Up to 31 October 2020, there have been 97,000 successful claims for the second SEISS in Wales, which is 69% of those who are eligible for the scheme.
- The total value of all claims made in Wales up to 31 October was £228 million.
- Self-employed people working in construction in Wales accounted for the largest share of all claims (32%) and had one of the highest take up rates (76%).
Telephone: 0300 025 9019
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.