Data on the number and value of claims made.
This is not the latest release in the series: Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme and Self-Employment Income Support Scheme statistics
HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) have published the number of claims made to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) up to 14 May 2021 and the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) up to 9 May 2021.
Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
This update provides a snapshot of those that were furloughed as at the 30 April 2021.
- As at 30 April 2021, 131,900 employments in Wales were furloughed under the CJRS, a take up rate of 10%; slightly lower than the take up rate across the UK of 12%.
- There was a 19% decrease in the number of furloughed employments in Wales between 31 March and 30 April 2021, and although the number of furloughed employments remains at a similar level to late November 2020.
- 66,500 females and 65,400 males in Wales were furloughed under the CJRS as at 30 April 2021, both accounting for around 50% of all furloughed employments.
- HMRC publish data to local authority level. The take up rate of furloughed employments across Wales ranged from 8% (Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly and Neath Port Talbot) to 15% (Conwy).
CJRS data includes those furloughed as at 30 April 2021 and for whom claims were submitted to HMRC by 14 May 2021. Figures for April are preliminary and are likely to be revised in future releases.
Self-Employment Income Support Scheme
These statistics set out information on the fourth grant of the SEISS which opened for claims on the 22 April 2020.
- Up to 9 May 2021, there have been 66,000 successful claims for the fourth SEISS in Wales, which is 47% of those who are eligible for the scheme.
- The total value of all claims made in Wales up to 9 May 2021 was £173 million.
- Self-employed people working in construction in Wales accounted for by far the largest share of all claims (32%).
Telephone: 0300 025 9019
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.