Information on amounts collected, arrears and amounts written off for April 2022 to March 2023.
- In 2022-23, billing authorities collected 96.1% of council tax billed, a decrease of 0.2 percentage points.
- 7 authorities recorded a year-on-year increase in their collection rate in 2022-23 and 15 recorded a decrease.
- Neath Port Talbot recorded the highest in-year collection rate at 97.8% whilst Blaenau Gwent recorded the lowest at 92.7%.
- The amount collected in respect of 2022-23 bills, excluding council tax reduction scheme, was £1,904 million out of £1,982 million collectable.
- During 2022-23, billing authorities collected £40 million of arrears and wrote off £8 million as uncollectable.
- The total amount outstanding at 31 March 2023 was £198 million, of which £77 million was in-year arrears.
Council Tax collection rates: April 2022 to March 2023 , file type: PDF, file size: 425 KB
Datasets and interactive tools
Rydym yn croesawu gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.