Details of the levels of average band D council tax by local authority for April 2022 to March 2023.
This is not the latest release in the series: Council Tax levels
- Average band D council tax for Wales for 2022-23 is £1,777. This includes £1,433 for county councils, £304 for police and £40 for community councils. Band D figures for billing authorities, including police and community councils, vary from £1,573 in Caerphilly to £2,099 in Blaenau Gwent.
- County council increases in band D council tax for 2022-23 average £32 or 2.2% over the previous year. Police increases average £14 or 4.8%. These increases combine to produce an average band D rise of £46 or 2.7%.
- Pembrokeshire has the largest overall band D percentage increase of 5.0%. Bridgend has the smallest overall band D percentage increase of 0.7%.
- Gwent Police have the largest band D increase of 5.5%. North Wales Police have the smallest band D increase of 3.7%.
- In England, the estimated Band D percentage increase is 3.5%.
- Welsh average band D council tax is 90% of the latest estimated figure of £1,965 for England.
Council Tax levels: April 2022 to March 2023 , file type: PDF, file size: 670 KB
If you need a more accessible version of this document please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us the format you need. If you use assistive technology please tell us what this is.
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 3963
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.