Details of the levels of average band D council tax by local authority for April 2023 to March 2024.
- Average band D council tax for Wales for 2023-24 is £1,879. This includes £1,512 for county councils, £324 for police and £43 for community councils. Band D figures for billing authorities, including police and community councils, vary from £1,693 in Caerphilly to £2,182 in Blaenau Gwent.
- County council increases in band D council tax for 2023-24 average £82 or 5.5% over the previous year. Police increases average £21 or 6.8%. These increases combine to produce an average band D rise of £102 or 5.8%.
- Conwy has the largest overall band D percentage increase of 8.9%. Torfaen has the smallest overall band D percentage increase of 2.7%.
- Dyfed Powys Police have the largest band D increase of 7.8%. North Wales Police have the smallest band D increase of 5.1%.
- In England, the estimated Band D percentage increase is 5.1%.
- Welsh average band D council tax is 91% of the latest estimated figure of £2,065 for England.
Council Tax levels: April 2023 to March 2024 , file type: PDF, file size: 410 KB
Datasets and interactive tools
Rydym yn croesawu gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.