Consumer sentiment tracking survey aiming to understand confidence, intent and barriers to take overnight short breaks and holidays in the UK and Wales for waves 28 to 30.
This is not the latest release in the series: COVID-19 UK Tourism Consumer Tracker Survey (Wales profile)
Upcoming trip intentions
- 14% of U.K. residents intend to take an overnight trip in spring (May to June), slightly lower amongst Wales residents (at 11%). Nearly a third (32%) of U.K. residents plan on taking an overnight trip in the summer, rising to 38% of Wales residents.
- Positively, the vast majority of spring trips have already been planned and over half have already been booked.
- The South West of England is the most preferred destination for a spring or summer trip. Wales is the second most preferred destination for a spring trip and the seventh most for a summer trip (although only marginally behind the third placed destination).
- Three quarters of people intending to visit Wales in the summer live outside of Wales, with the North West of England and the West Midlands making up the highest proportion of trip intenders.
- Families make up the highest proportion of people intending to visit Wales in the Spring and Summer making up 4 in 10 visitors in the Summer.
Upcoming leisure and day trip intentions
- As of early May 2021, nearly 7 in 10 Wales residents plan on taking a day trip by this summer.
- Day trip intentions are highest for less populated destination areas such as ‘traditional coastal and seaside town’ and ‘countryside or village’.
COVID-19 UK Tourism Consumer Tracker Survey (Wales profile): 6 April to 9 May 2021 , file type: PDF, file size: 7 MB
If you need a more accessible version of this document please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us the format you need. If you use assistive technology please tell us what this is.
Telephone: 0300 025 5236
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.