Farmers must follow these rules if they apply for payments under the Basic Payment Scheme 2017.
The vast majority of cross compliance rules continue to apply as notified in 2016. The following factsheets have been updated for 2017 to reflect changes in requirements and good practice:
- GAEC 3: water (groundwater)
- GAEC 6: soil and organic matter (maintenance)
- GAEC 7: maintenance of landscape features
- SMR 2: wild birds
- SMR 8: sheep and goat identification
- SMR 10: restrictions on the use of plant protection products
- SMR 11: welfare standards for the protection of calves
- SMR 12: welfare standards for the protection of pigs
- SMR 13: welfare standards for the protection of animals kept for farming purposes
The verifiable standards for 2017 have also been updated to reflect the changes.