This paper presents findings from a small-scale internal review of the Cwm Taf Morgannwg Enhanced Protect Pilot Scheme.
This is the latest release
The objectives of the pilot scheme were to understand whether administering a COVID support offer could encourage people to engage with community testing and seek an asymptomatic COVID test and whether providing additional support to residents would enable adherence to government self-isolation requirements. This internal review comprised analysis of survey data captured from partner organisations responsible for administering the scheme and residents who accessed the support scheme.
The conclusions from this small-scale review may be summarised as follows.
- The majority of residents accessing the Enhanced Protect scheme did so following an appointment at a main testing centre and hearing about the support on offer following a phone call from Test, Trace and Protect.
- Evidence suggests that awareness of the Enhanced Protect scheme among the small number of respondents who had come into close contact with someone who had tested positive for COVID-19, may encourage residents to visit a community walk-in testing centre to take up a COVID-19 test.
- The majority of residents responding to the survey felt confident in their abilities to self-isolate for the whole period. However, data also reveal that those who reported less than average confidence in their ability to self-isolate needed further support to help them self-isolate, suggesting that individual needs may be an important consideration when designing the content and method of delivering future schemes.
- Some evidence from partner organisations and a small number of residents highlight some challenges with the scheme, including limited promotion and awareness raising and difficulties with information sharing, which may have impacted on the efficiency of the scheme.
- Survey responses from partner organisations and the majority of residents reveal that the scheme was positively received by participants and supported them to self-isolate.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg Enhanced Protect Pilot Scheme , file type: PDF, file size: 1 MB
Telephone: 0300 025 5866
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.