Data by activity, qualification obtained and location for September 2016 to August 2017.
This is the latest release
The Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE) survey asks leavers from higher education what they are doing six months after graduation.
Following a major review, the Higher Education Statistics Agency anticipate this will be the final year of DLHE outputs. A new Graduate Outcomes survey is being implemented and will survey graduates approximately 15 months after completing their studies. The first Graduate Outcomes data is due to be published in spring 2020.
In 2016/17, there were 860 people known to be teaching in Wales 6 months after obtaining qualified teacher status and graduating from a UK higher education institution.
- 470 (54%) were teaching at Primary school level and 340 (40%) Secondary
- 665 (77%) were Postgraduate Certificate in Education students and 195 (23%) had studied other degrees
- 94% came from Wales and 81% went to a Welsh higher education institution.
In 2016/17, there were 825 people who obtained qualified teacher status from a Welsh higher education institution, for whom their destination was known 6 months after graduation.
- 85% (700) were teaching in Wales; this is up slightly from 80% in 2015/16
- 380 were teaching in Wales at Primary school level and 285 were teaching in Wales at secondary level.
Around four in five students who have qualified teacher status from higher education institutions in the UK complete the survey.
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 6695
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.