To support implementation of the Welsh National Marine Plan safeguarding policy.
We are initiating work to map potential Strategic Resource Areas (SRAs). An SRA is a tool to safeguard areas of natural resource.
They will help to:
- ensure a sector’s interests are taken into account by others
- support the management of sector to sector interactions and
- provide a focus for further strategic planning
SRA identification also aims to encourage dialogue between sectors. This includes understanding how activities of different sectors can co-exist within the same area.
The reports and data presented are the first step in the development process. You can access the reports:
- Developing Strategic Resource Areas: supporting implementation of Welsh National Marine Plan safeguarding policy
- Welsh National Marine Plan Strategic Resource Area identification: design principles
- Draft Strategic Resource Area design principles: overview of feedback received
- Strategic Environmental Assessment: screening of the Strategic Resource Area marine planning notice
- Strategic Resource Areas and Marine Planning Notices: Habitats Regulations Assessment
Stakeholder interaction is crucial to the development of SRAs. If you would like to know more, please get in touch: Marineplanning@gov.wales.