You will need copies of documents to apply for the Childcare Offer for Wales, for example proof of earnings.
The file types we accept are: DOC, DOCX, RTF, PDF, JPG, JPEG, TIFF, BMP, XLS, XLXS, PPT, PPTX and PNG.
Please ensure that the file size is less than 30MB.
Please note, the upload system is shut down for backup between 2am and 4am. During this time document uploads or downloads will not be available.
Child's full birth certificate
Child’s full version birth certificate. If you do not have the full version birth certificate, you will need:
- short version of the birth certificate and
- proof of parental responsibility, such as:
- Child Benefit letter
- Tax Credit letter
- letter from your local authority nursery admission department
- child’s medical record or red book
If the child's name has been changed by a deed poll, evidence will be required.
Proof of address
Proof of address, dated within the last 3 months:
- latest utility bill, such as electricity, gas, or water bill
- latest council tax statement
- latest bank statement
If you do not have any of these, you can upload a copy of your house purchase contract or tenancy agreement.
Proof of employment and income
You will need the latest 3 months pay slips, or a copy of your contract, if you have changed jobs in the last 3 months, for both you and your household partner.
In education or training
If you are in education or training, you will need to provide evidence of the following:
- if you are in higher education, that you are enrolled on either an undergraduate or a postgraduate course, including those delivered via distance learning, that is at least 10 weeks in length
- if you are in further education (FE), that you are enrolled on a course which is delivered via an FE Institution, that is at least 10 weeks in length
Adoption leave or a foster carer
You will need to confirm that attending childcare is agreed in the child’s care plan. Local authorities assessing your application will contact the relevant Social Services department for confirmation.
Self-employed (including foster caring)
If you or your partner are self-employed (including foster caring), you will need to provide one of the following:
- SA302 form
- latest Self-Assessment tax return (including Unique Tax Reference (UTR) number and registration date)
If you do not have these we will need another form of evidence, such as:
- copy of latest accounts
- letter from your accountant about how much you earn
In receipt of eligible benefits, on statutory leave or unpaid parental leave
You will need the latest benefit statement for each benefit you receive.
If you are in receipt of maternity pay, sick pay or unpaid parental leave, you will need a letter from your employer to prove this.