The reports set out emergent findings and key themes from the Pilot Programme up until May 2020. They also provide progress updates with some early insights into the impact of COVID-19.
This is not the latest release in the series: Evaluation of the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) In-Reach Pilot Programme
This initial evaluation report found early evidence of the effectiveness of the pilot programme and that it has a robust theory of change.
Recruiting highly skilled workers has been critical to success so far. Sustaining the quality of work is likely to be a challenge; as more schools get involved, with the same number of skilled workers the impact is likely to be diluted
- deferring decisions about the future of the pilot until further evidence is collected
- tailoring the professional learning offer
- changes to evaluation of professional learning
- consideration be given to extending the pilot to work with younger pupils
The fieldwork for this report was undertaken immediately before and during the period of lockdown due to COVID-19 in spring 2020.
Main findings were:
- overall, the pilot is working well
- schools in the pilot programme are better prepared for the return to schools post lockdown
- staff rated training and support aimed at pupil mental health and wellbeing more highly than that that aimed at staff
- analysis of how the programme fits with other initiatives in health and education is required
- programme delivery will need to change as a result of COVID-19
- There are serious concerns about the impact of lockdown on the mental health and wellbeing of pupils and school staff.
Evaluation of the CAMHS In-Reach pilot programme: interim report , file type: PDF, file size: 2 MB
Evaluation of the CAMHS In-Reach to Schools pilot programme: pilot progress and the impact of COVID-19, supplementary paper to the interim report , file type: PDF, file size: 1 MB
Telephone: 0300 025 9247
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.