This evaluation report relates to the period from September 2021 to August 2022 and during that period the Offer was accessed by 21,729 children.
This is the latest release in the series: Evaluation of the Childcare Offer for Wales
The Welsh Government’s Childcare Offer for Wales provides eligible parents with up to 30 hours of childcare and early education for three and four year olds for 48 weeks per year. This evaluation report relates to the period from September 2021 to August 2022, the fifth year of implementing the Childcare Offer (‘the Offer’).
- Take-up returned to pre-pandemic levels for most local authorities.
- Number of children with ALN supported by the Offer increased due to negative effects of COVID-19 and changes to ALN legislation.
- Childcare provider staff recruitment and retention issues continue to be reported.
- 54% of parents accessing the Offer earned below £26,000 per year.
- 75% said the Offer made it easier for them to undertake work.
Evaluation of Year Five (September 2021 to August 2022) of the Childcare Offer , file type: PDF, file size: 2 MB
Dr Jack Watkins
Rydym yn croesawu gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.