This report is the final phase of the evaluation work and builds on the interim report findings to identify progress made in the Flexible Funding approach.
Local authorities and stakeholders
Progress in the delivery of the Flexible Funding approach is most notable in the:
- improved knowledge and awareness of the aims, objectives and nature of delivery of the Children and Communities Grant (CCG) and the Housing Support Grant (HSG)
- increasing examples of, and discussion surrounding the opportunities for, joint working or engagement across grants
- the recommissioning and new service development being undertaken, despite contractual and financial barriers to some recommissioning
- benefits reported in supporting service users more quickly both in entry and in exit with a more joined-up service offer.
The strongest examples of progress are underpinned by a clear vision, detailed design and planning activities that establish a local delivery model centred on transformational leadership and accountability.
- In Welsh Government there is a specific need to undertake further work to review, and where appropriate, to reset the strategic aim of Flexible Funding and articulate this to all local authorities.
- Welsh Government officials (including the Funding Alignment team) identify challenges with the coordination and communication of consistent messages regarding how each programme should operate within CCG and HSG.
- The HSG has made some particularly positive progress in the development of its guidance documentation co-produced with a range of external stakeholders.
- Those authorities who have made less/least progress would warrant being offered further support and insight from Welsh Government and other local authorities with more advanced delivery.
The key findings informed a number of recommendations for Welsh Government, local authorities and stakeholders. These can be found in the final evaluation report.
Evaluation of the Flexible Funding Programme: final report , file type: PDF, file size: 2 MB
Telephone: 0300 025 0331
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.