This paper presents the findings from a second evaluation into the performance of the In Work Support Service in reducing sickness absenteeism and presenteeism rates in the workplace, effectiveness of the delivery process and participant experience of the service.
In Work Support (IWS is a European Social Fund (ESF)-funded programme which began work in September 2015 and ran until December 2022. The operation aimed to tackle poverty and social exclusion through sustainable employment by reducing sickness absenteeism and presenteeism rates in the workplace.
This report is the second evaluation of the IWS, the aim of the evaluation was to further evaluate the perceived impact of the IWS on participants and the impact that COVID-19 had on the service, participants and outcomes.
The final report presents findings in relation to the following objectives:
- to evaluate the performance and perceived impact of the IWS against delivery aims, including the benefit of its workplace health programmes
- to assess progress against cross cutting themes
- to assess how IWS has contributed to the goals of the Well-being of Future Generations Act
- to examine whether relevant recommendations made in the previous evaluation have been, or are being, met
- to explore how effectively IWS was able to respond to the additional challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic
The report makes a series of recommendations to inform future programmes.
Evaluation of the In Work Support Service , file type: PDF, file size: 1 MB
Rydym yn croesawu gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.