The current equalities landscape is complex.
This is the latest release
Government and service providers are now required to create policy that complies with:
- six ‘strands’ of equal treatment and positive action legislation
- Welsh Language equal treatment provision
- three duties to promote equality (race, disability, and gender)
- Human rights law and service provision standards
- the duty to ‘promote equality for all’, unique to Wales.
This discussion paper provides an overview of a unique project undertaken in Wales, funded by the Welsh Assembly and the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) in 2007, which was designed to try to understand how to facilitate the promotion of equality and human rights, cross-strand.
Facilitating cross-strand working , file type: PDF, file size: 140 KB
If you need a more accessible version of this document please email email@example.com. Please tell us the format you need. If you use assistive technology please tell us what this is.