This consultation ended 4 October 2022.
Details of outcome
Summary of responses , file type: PDF, file size: 354 KB
We are seeking your views in this Phase 1 Consultation on reforms to council tax in Wales. There will be a Phase 2 consultation in due course.
We are seeking views on:
- completing a council tax revaluation of all 1.5 million properties in Wales to rebalance the system to reflect property values. The current system is now nearly twenty years out of date
- designing a new system of bands and tax rates that is more progressive, including considering adding more bands to the top and bottom ends of the scale if needed
- revaluing more frequently to keep council tax fairly distributed on a more regular basis.
- improving the framework of discounts, disregarded persons, exemptions and premiums to ensure the arrangements are aligned to our goals
- improving the Council Tax Reduction Scheme which provides support to low-income households