Data on the number of homes purchased and the value of the loans received under the scheme for April 2019 to March 2020.
- Between 2 January 2014 and 31 March 2020, 10,481 properties were purchased under the Help to Buy – Wales scheme.
- 76% of total purchases were completed by first time buyers.
- Over this period, the total value of equity loans was £399.1 million and the total value of properties purchased was £2,015.5 million.
- Completed purchases using the Help to Buy – Wales scheme in 2019-20 totalled 1,749.
- To date, the mean purchase price paid for all completed purchases was £192,296 whilst the median was lower at £185,995.
- During 2019-20, the mean purchase price paid was £209,162 and the median was £207,995.
- Since the start of the scheme to 31 March 2020, almost three quarters (74%) of all completed purchases have been by those with an average household income of between £20,000 and £50,000
- Over half (53%) of all purchases to date were of three bedroom properties and 46% were households with 2 adults and no children.
The information is collected on behalf of the Welsh Government by Help to Buy (Wales) Ltd. Information at a local authority level is published on StatsWales.
Help to Buy - Wales (Shared Equity Loan Scheme): April 2019 to March 2020 , file type: PDF, file size: 1 MB
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 061 5675
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.