Data on the number of homes purchased and the value of the loans received under the scheme for April 2019 to March 2020.
This is not the latest release in the series: Help to Buy - Wales (Shared Equity Loan Scheme)
- Between 2 January 2014 and 31 March 2020, 10,481 properties were purchased under the Help to Buy – Wales scheme.
- 76% of total purchases were completed by first time buyers.
- Over this period, the total value of equity loans was £399.1 million and the total value of properties purchased was £2,015.5 million.
- Completed purchases using the Help to Buy – Wales scheme in 2019-20 totalled 1,749.
- To date, the mean purchase price paid for all completed purchases was £192,296 whilst the median was lower at £185,995.
- During 2019-20, the mean purchase price paid was £209,162 and the median was £207,995.
- Since the start of the scheme to 31 March 2020, almost three quarters (74%) of all completed purchases have been by those with an average household income of between £20,000 and £50,000
- Over half (53%) of all purchases to date were of three bedroom properties and 46% were households with 2 adults and no children.
The information is collected on behalf of the Welsh Government by Help to Buy (Wales) Ltd. Information at a local authority level is published on StatsWales.
Help to Buy - Wales (Shared Equity Loan Scheme): April 2019 to March 2020 , file type: PDF, file size: 1 MB
If you need a more accessible version of this document please email email@example.com. Please tell us the format you need. If you use assistive technology please tell us what this is.
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 061 5675
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.